Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Free to be Me Sticky Note Holder

Can you believe that school is almost over???  I wanted to show my appreciation to my child's teachers and bus driver for all they have done.  I know they work hard.  I created a sticky note holder from our special Free to be Me paper collection.  


(I like to cut all my pieces first so that I can enjoy putting the project together.)
Cuts Needed:
1 piece feather cardstock cut at 8" x 6"
1 piece matching cardstock cut at 3" x 3 1/2" and 5 3/4" x 3 1/2"
1 piece white cardstock cut at 3 1/4" x 5 1/4"
1 piece vellum/gold dots cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
approximately 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" white cardstock to stamp
approximately 4 1/2" ribbon for the front of the card and 4" for the inside pen loop

Directions:
1.  Place the feather cardstock on the scoring board and score at 3 3/4".  Turn the cardstock 180 degrees and score again at 3 3/4" again.  This will give you the bend of a book.
2.  Distress edges of feather cardstock with Saddle Ink inside and out.  
3.  Using the 5 3/4" x 3 1/2" matching cardstock score 3 edges at 1/4".  Using a bone folder press the folds flat.  Place a very sticky tape, such as Scrappy Tape, to the folds and adhere to the left inner side of the holder.  
4.  Using the scrappy tape adhere the ribbon loop (pen holder) to the right side.
5.  Distress the white cardstock and stamp the message you want to the inside.  I chose "Believe to Achieve".  Adhere the white cardstock to the right inner side of the holder.  This covers up some of the ribbon.
6.  Adhere a sticky pad on the white cardstock.
7.  On the outside front of the holder, adhere the distressed 3" x 3 1/2" matching cardstock.  
8.  Adhere the ribbon and cut off the overflowing edges.
9.  With glue dots, adhere the vellum.  
10.  Stamp your sentiment.  For mine I chose "You are the Best" from our Stamp of the Month set.  Fussy cut the stamped image out and adhere to the vellum using foam dots.

Now you are ready to give these great gifts to some very special people...showing how much you have appreciated them all year!

If you would like help creating these items feel free to contact me.  To purchase the items needed to create these gifts please go to my shopping site at reneemusgrave.ctmh.com.

Stay Blessed & Crafty!

Ren'ee 

No comments: