Welcome to the Everything ABC's Blog!
For this hop we will be featuring the letter K. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their K element will be featured in their post.
If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda's blog~Scrappy Therapy.
If you came from Lisa Plummer~Flaunt Your Creativity, then you're on the right track!
I have chosen a "K"ite for my inspiration. This is a special fold card.
How to create your very own Kite Card:To create this card I followed a Kite Card Tutorial by Qbees Quest.
1) Begin with a piece of cardstock 10 x 4". On the long side, score at 5".
2) On both long sides make a mark on the edge at 3" and 7"
3) On both short sides make a mark on the edge at 2"
4) Score from the 3" mark on the one long side to the 7" mark on the other side. This will be a diagonal score which runs across the 5" score line
5) Score from the opposite 3" mark to the other 7" mark. You should now have score lines in the shape of an "x" that cross the 5" score line in the center.
6) Using a cutter or scissors, cut off the four corners of the cardstock from the 3" marks on the long sides to the 2" marks on the short sides.
7) Fold the card in half on the 5" score line
8) Tuck in the corners of the card along the score lines
9) Decorate your card. I distressed the edges of the card with lagoon ink. I cut patterned Skylark paper for the outside and inside of the card. Before adhering the patterned paper I distressed it with Saddle Ink. I stamped Happy Birthday for the sentiment. From my stash, I placed the kites tail on the front of the card with glue dots. To give the card more bling I have added Bitty Sparkles and Sparkle Fourishes.
Items Needed to create this card:
Lagoon Ink Pad (Z2195)
Saddle Ink Pad (Z2171)
Skylark Paper (X7177B)
Colonial White Cardstock (1388)
3X3 Acrylic Block Y1006
Sponge Dauber (Z1938)
Joyful Birthday Stamp Set (B1419)
Bitty Sparkles (Z1263)
Sparkle Fourishes (Z1708)
Ribbon from my Stash
**If you would like to purchase any of these items, follow the link or go to reneemusgrave.ctmh.com.
Your next stop on our Everything ABC's blog hop is Pam Trostle~Pam's Crafty Creations.
In case you get lost along the way go to Scrappy Therapy for a complete list of participants!
Thank you for visiting. I hope you like the inspiration!
Be Creative & Stay Blessed,