Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thanksgiving Poster

Thanksgiving is cinnamon and cloves, leaves crunching, pumpkin pie spice, remembering what I am thankful for, family in sweaters, my mom's deviled eggs, my cousins broccolli casserole, turkeys, pilgrims & indians, kids playing in raked leaves...just a few of my favorite Thanksgiving things! (I feel the urgent need to pop up in my best Julie Andrews rendition of "A Few of My Favorite Things"!  LOL)

I just got a new job (which btw I really like).  There are only 3 in our department and our cubicles are, well-BARE.  I wanted to create something to spruce mine up! 

Thanksgiving Poster
I made a Thanksgiving poster using Close to my Heart Scrapbook paper, Abundance Holiday Stamp, and Chocolate Ink Pad.  (CTMH really is the best of all scrapbook materials I've used so far) and my Cricut cartridge Create a Critter 2.  Layering several pieces of paper (Autumn Terracotta, Olive, Chocolate and Ruby) I've created this splendid Thanksgiving Poster.  The poster is 12 x 12. To hang the poster I've bought Thanksgiving wire ribbon which I've threaded through the paper using two punched holes.  My creme inner squares are 4 1/4 x 4 1/4".  The "Happy" tree (as my hubby calls it), Turkey, Squirrel, and Cornucopia were cut out at 3".  The sentiment shape was cut using the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  This cartridge was a fabulous investment that I will use for a VERY long time.  I stamped the "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment in Chocolate and inked the edges with Chocolate.

I love this!  I can't wait to get the compliments from the office ladies who pass by our desks!


If you would like to learn how to create items like this, scrapbook pages or cards; check out my dates for my workshops.  We'll be creating ALL kinds of things.  After all, that's why the group is called "Crafty Queens"!  :)

Hope you enjoyed my blog today!  Come back often or sign up for emails!

With best of love,
Ren'ee

No comments: