Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Harvest Time

Today I'm playing along over at Retro Sketches.  We are to use their sketch as inspiration.  Well, inspiration hit!  I had bought a Recollections Card Making Embellishments on clearance.  Can't get any better than that and I had these cute fall stickers from Sticko.  Then it was just a matter of making components matchy-matchy...the BEST part.  :-)
 
I started with dark brown card stock, cutting it 5 x 10".  I folded the card in half.  Using the button like embellishment I picked out the colors for the stripes and added orange to match the stickers.  There were so many cute stickers to use-an owl, squirrel playing in leaves, raccoon in a basket of leaves and many sayings.  After I picked out the stickers I was going to use, I cut another lighter brown square 4 3/4 x 4 3/4.  I cut the colored stripes 7/8 x 2 1/4".  I rounded the corner on the yellow stripe (like the sketch) and the creme colored paper.  I attached the stripes, then the round embellishment.  Next I attached the red cording and topped it with a nice bow to the Creme paper.  (Silly me, waited till the creme paper was complete and attached to the card and decided to distress it with red ink.)  I attached the sticker where I wanted it.  Using pop ups I attached the creme paper to the card.  The Harvest Time" sticker was a bit more challenging since it couldn't lay flat on the papers.  I cut very closely around the sticker so the backing was still on it.  I used one layer of pop ups under the word "Harvest" and underneath the word "Time", I used 2 layers of pop ups.  On the inside I attached the lighter brown cardstock for the sentiment to be written.
 
  
 
 
And this time my favorite pooch helped me the right way, napping all the way!
 
 
Thanks for looking, and Happy Fall!
 
Ren'ee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ren'ee!
Your cards are beautiful, but, I must say, they do not compare to your precious baby dog!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Arielle H Gordon said...

EEK - I love those bunnies! Great job with the RetroSketch, I'm so glad you played with us Renee!